Office 365 is the latest addition to Microsoft Office productivity suites that includes a set of applications, servers, and services. Available for home, offices, work, and students, Office 365 has a number of exceptional features such as real-time co-authoring, communication with the co-workers through the different applications, power map, and more. To get this advanced version of Office, you need to Office setup 365 download, install and then activate. Just make sure you go through the required system specifications before getting the Office 365 for the Windows or Mac OS.
Get Started with Office 365
To start with Office 365, you need to perform stepwise procedure for accomplishing these processes:
Purchase -> Download -> Install -> Activate
Apart from these four processes, there is one more process (additional), which is required to be performed only if there is an Office Setup version previously installed on your device. This process of un-installation can be done by following these steps:
- Open the Windows menu and find Control Panel (either type in the search bar or find it manually)
- You can also open Control Panel by pressing Windows+R (Run Window) and then entering Control Panel in the text box
- From the list of All Programs or Programs and Features, search Office version that is already installed on your device
- Right-click on the Office product
- Click Uninstall and wait until the process finishes
How to create a new Office 365 account?
Before you proceed to the steps required for an Office 365 account sign up or registration, first understand why it is required:
- For managing your purchased Office 365 subscription
- For Office 365 subscription renewal
- To check Office 365 expiration date
- For Office 365 re-installation
- Office 365 download
- To manage all the Office 365 My Account activities
(Please note that you can get an Office 365 or any other Office version even without creating an Office 365 account or checking out as a guest but then you cannot avail the aforementioned benefits.)
Steps to Office 365 sign up
Office 365 account can be created separately or at the time of purchasing it from the official website.
- After adding the Office 365 product to the cart during Office 365 online purchase, you will be asked to provide your Office 365 account details
- Those who already have an account can enter the registered email ID and password for Office 365 sign in and others can click on Create a New Account link
- By entering the required details such as first name, last name, email ID and more, you can register or sign up for Office 365 account
Office 365 registration by visiting its official website
- Visit the official website Office.com/Setup
- Click Sign in link available at the top right corner
- On the pop-up window, click Create a New Account
- Now, Enter the required information
- Click Sign up
Downloading, Installing, and Activating Office 365 setup
After you complete the purchase process for Office 365 setup and have redeemed the 25-character Office product key, the next step is to download, install and activate this setup.
- Before you start with these three processes, make sure your device meets the system requirements for Office 365
- Also make sure the device has enough or sufficient storage space and is connected to an uninterrupted & hi-speed internet connection
- If you have received the Office 365 product key along with the product purchase then redeem it first from your registered email ID or from the Office retail card
Office 365 Setup Download, Installation and Activation Steps:
- Visit www.office.com/Setup and log in to your account with the email associated with Office 365
- Skip the step, if already logged in
- Choose Install Office to begin the installation followed by downloading
- If you want to change the default language or version (32-bit or 64-bit) of Office 365, choose it before clicking over Install Office button
- Once the Office 365 setup gets installed on your device, choose Run (for Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (for Chrome), or Save File (for Firefox)
- Click Yes when you see a window with message “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”
- Office is now installed!
- To activate, open any of the Office application
- Go through the license terms and conditions and click Accept to continue
- Enter the 25-character Office product key, if asked
For any error occurring amidst the downloading, installation and activation, call Office customer support number!